Robinson Barracks Elementary School (RBES) is located atop a large hill overlooking the Northern edge of Stuttgart, Germany and the surrounding cities of Zuffenhausen and Bad Cannstatt. United States Army Garrison (USAG) Stuttgart is home to the headquarters of two major commands: European Command and Africa Command (AFRICOM). There are five military bases located in Stuttgart - Patch Barracks, Kelley Barracks, Panzer Kaserne, Robinson Barracks (RB), and the Army Airfield located across from the Stuttgart International Airport. Robinson Barracks is 15 to 20 miles from the other four installations. Over 80% of our students are bused to school with some traveling as far as 40 kilometers away (about 70 minutes travel time).
In August 2006, RBES opened its doors as a K-8 school for the first time and was named Robinson Barracks Elementary/Middle School. In August 2015 the middle school moved from Robinson Barracks to Patch Barracks and RBES becomes a K-5 school. The school's population is estimated to be 280 elementary students and 25 faculty and staff. Included in the staff are a Principal, an administrative officer, a counselor, a school psychologist, a speech-language pathologist, a math training coach, and a reading support specialist.
Until 1934 the "Burgholzhof" area in which Robinson Barracks Kaserne is now located, was used for agricultural purposes exclusively. In 1934, the land was acquired for the German Wehrmacht from private and Stuttgart City ownership. Military construction was started immediately after acquisition of the land, and Robinson Barracks was opened 1936. The Kaserne became the home of the 119th Infantry Regiment, an organization named after the Wuerttemberg 119th Regiment which had earned fame in World War I.
The regimental and battalion headquarters were housed in Building 1 of Robinson Barracks. The regiment included three machine-gun companies, which had horse-drawn equipment only, and some of the buildings on the post, now used for other purposes, were horse stables at the time.
Soon after the end of World War II in 1945, Robinson Barracks was utilized as an Internee Camp and displaced persons camps, operated by the United Nations Refugee Relief Association and the International Refugee Organization. The installation was then taken over by the US Army and Robinson Barracks was the seat of the US Military Logistical Support Headquarters for the Stuttgart area until 1993. Several new structures, such as schools, a shopping center, chapel, theater, dispensary, etc. were added to meet the increasing requirements of the US Forces stationed in this area.
While the land on Robinson Barracks formerly served as a training area, including machine-gun, rifle and pistol ranges, for the German Wehrmacht, the need for US dependent housing made it necessary to use a portion of this site for the construction of apartment buildings. Ten construction phases, carried out during 1950 to 1957, the Robinson Barracks housing area was developed to its full size.
Grades: K - 5
Computer/Student Ratio: 2:1
Educate, Engage, and Empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world.
Robinson Barracks Expects Success