With a diverse student population, coming from almost 30 countries, there is no one good way to say, "this is the best way to get to SHAPE." But following are some resources to put you on the right path:
It is necessary for the parent(s)/sponsor to come to the school office to complete registration for students. You need to bring with you a copy of the sponsor's orders, the child's shot records, social security number, and school records.
Leaving so soon?
It's the nature of a military school, and it seems as if everyone is leaving just as soon as they arrive. We hate to see you go, but here's some information to make it easier:
- Make sure s2s knows you are leaving
- Parents should notify the Registrar at least two weeks prior to the pupil's last day in attendance. Please provide the Registrar with a copy of PCS orders.
- If a student/family will accelerate due to a PCS move (per DoDEA policy) the family must notify the school as soon as possible so the student/teachers can make arrangements for all work to be completed before the student leaves. A student must attend school for the whole day not more than 20 school days before the end of a semester.
- The child's report card to date, a copy of the high school transcript (as necessary), and the clearance check sheet are issued to the parent as soon as the student has finished their last day of school. A copy of the student's cumulative file will be forwarded to the gaining school as soon as it is requested from that school.
- It is recommended that each military unit and each school have the expectation that this checklist is complete before a military member PCS's with school aged children. When this checklist is complete, you have all you need to register in a new school with the least amount of problems due to a PCS.
Contact the School Registrar for more information.