Welcome to the 2019-2020 Athletic Year!
- The athletic program at Shughart Middle School is open to all 6th (except football), 7th and 8th grade students.
- Students must have a current physical in order to tryout.
- Students must meet all other eligibility requirements upon making a team.
- Shughart Middle School is a part of the Harnett County Conference.
- All games will begin at 4:00 PM.
- Home Games: Admission to all games at Shughart Middle School is free of charge for SHUGHART PARENTS & STUDENTS.
- Away Games: Adults and students (K-12) - $5.00, Children under Kindergarten get in free.
Athletic Programs : POC is Daniel.Fridley@dodea.edu
First Day of Practice
- Fall – August 28, 2019
- Winter – November 12, 2019
- Spring – February 12, 2020
- Academics: The student must pass at least one less course than the number of required core courses each semester.
- Attendance: A player must be in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester.
- Age: A student shall not participate on a seventh or eighth grade team if the student becomes 15 years of age on or before August 31st of that school year.
- Physical– Must have a current physical to participate.
NOTE: An athlete becomes eligible or ineligible on the first day of the new semester.