In addition to the Regional PoY winnings listed, the selected DoDEA Principal of the Year will:
- Be recognized through DoDEA headquarters.
- Receive a year-long memberships to the appropriate national organization (NAESP or NASSP).
- Receive a school fund award of $4,000 in addition to regional award. (Upon budget approval.)
- Receive stipend award of $3,000 in addition to regional special act award. (Upon budget approval.)
- Attend the fall national principal association conference. (Upon budget approval.)
- Attend a summer educational leadership conference to support professional growth plans and DoDEA initiatives. (Upon budget approval.)
- Support world-wide DoDEA initiatives as requested by DoDEA directorate.
- Attend and participate in DoDEA and/or national events as requested by DoDEA directorate.