Resource/Special Education Services:
YWES offers students the following resource services:
• Instructional System Support Personnel (ISSP) in Reading and Math
• Child Find
• Case Study Committee ("CSC": made up of support staff listed here, and classroom
• Learning Impaired (LI) Teacher
• English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher
• Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP)
• Occupational and Physical (OT/PT) Therapist
• Preschool Children with Disabilities (PSCD) Teacher
• Information Specialist (Librarian)
• Gifted Resource Teacher (GRT) Teacher
• Math Support Specialist
• Guidance Counselor
• School Psychologist
• School Nurse
• Therapy Support Specialist
Student Services, also called Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) is an integral part of the total education program.
The PPS staff members partner with parents, community, students and other educators to assist in creating an educational environment conductive of academic, personal, social and career growth of all students.
Confidentiality of Student Services
Counseling is conducted with students and parents individually and in small groups when requested and determined appropriate. School counseling is short-term, voluntary and confidential. Parental permission is obtained prior to any extended individual or group counseling. Student Services staff may assess students at-risk without parent permission.
Confidentiality of student and family information is a priority for Pupil Personnel Staff Members. Information will remain confidential unless there is a need to know such as the threat of danger to one's self or others.
Optimal learning requires good emotional and physical health. The School Nurse works with the school administrator to provide an environment that promotes optimal wellness and safety for all students. The school nurse provides individualized quality health care for students, emphasizes health education at all levels and utilizes available community and school resources to promote an overall healthy lifestyle for students, staff and families.
Some of the core services the school nurse provides are: