Effective school year 2015-16, DoDEA Administrative Instruction (AI) 2000.1 (Sec 7.D.1) provides direction for when withdrawals may occur and what notations are required for student withdrawal. These instructions apply to all students enrolled in DVHS courses regardless of eligibility upon which they are enrolled.
- If a student withdraws from a course on or before the 10th school day of the semester, there will be no notation on the transcript.
- If a student withdraws between the 11th and 19th school day of the semester, then a grade of WP (Withdrew Passing) or WF (Withdrew Failing) is noted as the grade earned at the time of withdrawal.
- Courses may not be dropped after 20 days into the school quarter.
- If a student withdraws prior to the end of the quarter tuition is charged through the end of the quarter. For more information, please contact the DVHS at VS.Principal@hq.dodea.edu.
Student requests to withdraw from a course(s) for students enrolled in DoDEA schools are processed through the DVHS Withdrawal Workflow in the Student Information System (SIS) and can be initiated by a local DoDEA school counselor any time within the official DoDEA drop period.
- A student requesting withdrawal should discuss this decision with his/her local school and/or DVHS counselor prior to submitting their request for withdrawal.
- Local DoDEA schools are not able to withdraw students from DVHS courses in the SIS.
Student requests to withdraw from a course(s) for students enrolled through the NDSP or Domestic Transition Program are processed by a DVHS school counselor any time within the official DoDEA drop period.