Skip to main content
Area SPED ISS
- Spot check Aspen database for duplicates/inconsistencies
- Document and enter Pando tickets as needed
- Prepare documentation of ongoing issues/questions and report to HQ
- Work with Area SIS to create Area/District filters as needed
- Provide feedback regarding training needs to HQ
District Sped ISS
- Request a list of any changes needed on ACTIVE IEPs from service providers (names of service provider, case manager, dates etc.). Some changes can be made as mass updates.
- Document any inconsistencies in case load reports/meeting date reports and notify service providers for clarification.
- Build caseloads for new service providers/case managers.
- Check schools' databases for duplicate workflows/inaccuracies.
- Review filtered lists for missing case managers or other data and contact school for information to update.
- Check progress report section for duplications/additions and delete any unnecessary ones.
Case Study Committee Chair
- Ensure that students who left are marked previous in the IEP tab and exited in the Student tab. Also, remove the "Receives specialized services" check mark in School View.
- Send message to district SIS to have any new staff entered in Aspen.
- Print service provider caseloads and notify district SPED coordinator of changes to be made in Aspen to service providers and/or case managers.
- Run final caseloads.
- Run annual/triennial reports.
- Check with School Registrar to place a 'flag' on student electronic SIS files who have an IEP (receiving specialized services)
- Remove the "receives specialized services" check box in Aspen Core.