Review the Transportation information to understand the priority options available in NDSP students.
Transportation Options in Priority Order
- School/US Government Transportation -Priority 1:
If you use school or U.S. Government Transportation, you should follow the same process as "Payment for a School Invoice."
- Privately Owned Vehicle (P.O.V) -Priority 2
To be reimbursed for POV Transportation, complete the following form:
- NDSP Sponsor Claim for Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) for requesting direct deposit reimbursement for POV.
NOTE: To claim POV mileage, refer to the Defense Travel Management Office Mileage Rates. Only one round trip per day is allowed to school and return. The one-way distance must exceed one mile to qualify for payment/reimbursement. POV mileage claims are to be submitted by school year (not calendar year).
- Commercial Transportation-Priority 2
Commercial Transportation can be used if School or U.S. Government Transportation is unavailable. This type of transportation includes commercial modes of transportation such as a public bus, train, taxi, etc. If you use commercial transportation, you should follow the same process as "Payment for a School Invoice."
- Follow the procedures as outlined in the Travel Process for Boarding School Students.
- If your command/agency has questions, please have them contact NDSP Administrative Support.