Away From Post
- Technology fees charged by the school, provided the fee does not include the ownership (lease to own or purchase) of any devices, especially personal, computing devices.
- Fees for group instruction activities such as music, art, and physical education; if these fees are included in courses regularly offered in the curriculum of the school
- Costs or fees for course-required or end-of-year examinations/tests, consistent with U.S. public school requirements
- Necessary elective courses offered by the school
- Musical instrument rental fee required for course as part of school curriculum
Tuition and Education Resources
- Publically advertised tuition rates
- Required elective courses offered by the school
- Textbooks, or access to online textbooks, used as a standard work for the study of a particular subject and required as part of the curriculum and supplies normally provided free of charge in public schools in the U.S
- Room and board in private boarding school facilities
- Five-Day Boarding: Transportation to and from school on weekends and school breaks.
- Full-Time Boarding: Transportation provided from duty station to the school/boarding facility at the beginning of the school year and at the end of the school year up to the limit of the education allowance set by the DSSR.
- Transportation at school breaks
- School uniforms
- Field trips/school excursions//athletic events regardless of whether the trips are predominantly academic in nature or if participation is mandatory or voluntary.
- Personal devices including, but not limited to, computing devices, internet, personal telephone, satellite or communications
- Magazine or newspaper subscriptions
- Admission to school events
- PSAT/ACT/SAT associated costs
- Fees for locker or towels
- Fees for museums, culture events, or performances
- Fees for graduation, yearbooks, parent-school organizations.
- Personal expenses
- Debentures that pay for shares of stock in the school which make either the employee or the United States Government a shareholder in the school
- Supplemental instruction
- Transfer fees charged by bank
- Postage fees
- Private residential or non-dormitory facility