Department of Defense Education Activity

Wiesbaden ES: Registration Information

The registration office's hours of operation are: Monday to Friday from 0800 to 1530


  • DSN: 335-5355 or Civilian: 0611-408-0354

Phone: 0611-143-545-2016 Ext. 2325
Fax: 0611-74123

DORS Availability

What you need to know about school registration

The DoDEA Online Registration for Students (DORS) is now operational. Please visit the DORS web page to register new students or update information for an existing student.

DoDEA Online Registration for Students (DORS)

To register to attend a DoDEA School the following age requirements must be met.

A child must be:

  • four years old by September 1 to attend pre-kindergarten or Sure Start.
  • five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
  • six years old by September 1 to attend first grade.

Overseas and Domestic School Eligibility

DoDEA eligibility & enrollment policies differ for DoDEA's two types of schools: Domestic Schools and Overseas.

Requirements to Attend a DoDEA School Overseas

Overseas Department of Defense Schools, DoDEA Europe and DoDEA Pacific and Cuba

Eligibility to attend DoDEA Europe or DoDEA Pacific schools is outlined in Section 921-932 title 20 U.S.C. and DoDEA regulation 1342.13, Eligibility Requirements for Education of Elementary and Secondary School-age Dependents in Overseas Areas.

The Department of Defense Dependents Schools (Pacific and Europe) and Cuba was established to provide high quality education for authorized dependents of DoD personnel assigned overseas, and to provide enrollment on a space-available, tuition-paying basis for others identified and prioritized by the Secretary of Defense

Enrollment Categories

Qualified dependents are authorized to enroll in one of four enrollment categories based on the request of the sponsor. Dependents in enrollment category 1 receive first priority, all others are enrolled on a space-available basis in priority of category of enrollment. Non Command Sponsorship Eligibility Brochure Overseas Contractors Space-Available Enrollment.


Revalidation of the student's registration for the next school year starts in the spring.

  • If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD has expired by September 1, extension orders (IPCOT, R.A.T., Command Letter) are required.
  • If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD is indefinite, proof of continued overseas assignment is required.
  • If the sponsor is a locally hired DoD civilian, current year certification of employment from the servicing HRO and a copy of notification of personnel action (DA 3434 and SF 50) is required.
Transfer and Withdrawal

Parents or legal guardians must fill out a Withdrawal/Records Request form at least two weeks prior to the student's last day of attendance. If the student is leaving within twenty days of the semester, PCS orders must be submitted to the school. If the student is withdrawing due to Early Return of Dependents, a letter from the sponsor's command must be submitted.

Documentation of Proof of Eligibility - Europe

Once Eligibility has been established you will need to submit the necessary documentation for proof of Eligibility.

New Students

New students registering for enrollment in DoDEA Europe, DoDEA Pacific, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba schools overseas are required to provide verification of the following:

  • Date of Birth
  • Dependent Status
  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • Status of Defense Contractor Sponsor and Central Billing Letter
  • Status of non-DoD sponsor (other Federal Agencies)

Returning Students

Returning students in DoDEA Europe, DoDEA Pacific, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba schools overseas must provide verification of the following each school year:

  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • Status of Defense Contractor Sponsor and Central Billing Letter
  • Status of non-DoD sponsor (other Federal Agencies)

Documents that may be used for verification of information:

Date of Birth

  • Certified copy of birth certificate
  • Child's passport

Dependent Status

  • Sponsor is listed as biological parent on child's birth certificate
  • Dependent is listed on active duty military sponsor's/DoD civilian's orders
  • Locally-hired DoD civilians - Certificate of Employment from HR listing names of dependents
  • Sponsor is named on child's military identification card (ID)
  • Appropriate military service form documenting that the Service recognizes the child as a dependent of this member
  • Approved (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) DEERS registration form
  • Dependent is listed on defense contractor's Letter of Identification (LOI) or Letter of Agreement (LOA) and in Central Billing Letter (CBL)
  • If the sponsor is a step-parent, and one of the above cannot be provided, the following is required:
    • Child's birth certificate documenting sponsor's spouse is biological parent
    • Custody documents indicating spouse has full custody of child
    • Marriage certificate of sponsor and child's biological parent
  • If neither the sponsor nor spouse are the biological parents of the child, court ordered custody or guardianship documents are required (power of attorney or notarized agreements between biological parents and sponsor are NOT accepted). Note: If court order names only the spouse as guardian or custodian of the child, the sponsor will be required to complete and sign an in loco parentis affidavit (available from the school registrar).

Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor

  • Current orders Permanent Change of Station Orders (PCS) (normally 3 years duration at most locations)
  • Sponsor's active duty identification card (copy of picture side will be retained in the file)
  • Letter from sponsor's command certifying active duty status
  • Current deployment orders

Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor

  • Initial Registration - PCS orders
  • Local Hires - Current Notification of Personnel Action (SF 50/or NAFI Equivalent) and
  • Letter from Servicing personnel officer verifying full-time employment and verifying dependents

Employment Status and Certification of Non-DoD Civilian Sponsors and Dependents

  • Sponsor's employing agency must certify that the sponsor occupies a position that is subject by policy and practice to transfer AND must certify that the agency will reimburse the DoD for the educational services provided to the dependent
  • Initial Registration - PCS orders

Employment Status of Defense Contractor Sponsor

  • Letter of Identification (LOI) or Letter of Agreement (LOA) NOTE: Official travel of defense contractor authorizing dependent education subject to availability on a tuition-paying basis. The LOI/LOA must identify the organization contract number, length of the contract, and names of dependents.

Verification of Housing

  • Housing assignment letter, voucher, or RCI lease agreement (each installation may have specific requirements, please check with registrar)
  • Letter from housing office that housing will be available and offered within 90 school days.

Note: This list is not all inclusive and is subject to modification without notice based on regulatory changes. It is always advisable to check with the registrar at the school or district office prior to registration for the most current, as well as local, requirements. Local districts and schools may require additional documents be submitted during the registration process. Most DoDEA schools list the additional required documents on their websites.

Early Withdrawal -Europe, Pacific

Moving to Another Location?

While we hate to see you go, we would like to help make your transition as easy as possible.

  1. Please complete the Student Withdrawal / Records Release Form and return to the Student Services Department.
  2. Be sure to speak with your counselor so they can coordinate with the new school if necessary (especially with Juniors and Seniors).  Give as much advance notice as possible.

Withdrawals and Transfers

Upon receiving final notification of your departure from the community, please inform us at least two weeks prior to your actual departure. This notification is needed to prepare your child's report card, transcript (if applicable), attendance records, and other documents. No progress marks are given in any quarter unless the child has attended school for 20 days during that quarter. In the final quarter, no recommendation for grade placement can be given unless the child attends school for 20 days in that quarter.

Elementary school withdrawal is different than higher grades regarding requirements and is based on the 20-day rule. With ten days prior notification, parents are welcome to pick up student records from the office on the last day of student attendance, after 2:30 p.m. The sponsor/spouse must sign for records, provide a copy of orders, and present an I.D. to receive the child's school records.

It is DoDEA policy that copies of student records are sealed and given to parents to be hand carried to their next school. Official (original) records will be sealed and mailed upon request by the receiving school. Parents who would like a copy of their child's records for their personal files must personally request an extra set of records to be made when filling out the withdrawal form. We cannot make personal copies without advance notice. It is a requirement to clear all debts (replacement or payment for lost or damaged books, library fines, cafeteria debts, etc.) BEFORE the last day of attendance.

DoDEA Accelerated Withdrawal Policy

Excerpt from policy: The policy therefore requires that students present verification of the date of their sponsor's departure, i.e., Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or other official orders, to school officials in order to receive consideration for full academic credit. Students who withdraw prior to the 20-day limit receive a "withdrawal" grade rather than a final grade. At the elementary school level, administrators may annotate the child's progress report to indicate the student's status.

Speak with a school counselor to request Accelerated withdrawal.


DORS Enrollment Guide

This guide is for parents/guardians enrolling a student into DoDEA schools.

DORS Info Sheet

DoDEA Online Registration for Students info sheet (PDF Download)

Registration Forms

Complete list of DoDEA school registration Forms.

Register the Student

Regardless of registration type (new or returning) you will have to physically visit your corresponding's registrar's office (generally located at your child's school) to complete the process.

To maximize your time, we highly recommend you fill out the required and recommended registration documents, and bring the required documentation prior to your visit.

New Students

The following forms are required:

The following documents are recommended:

Returning Students

Transferring Students

Enrollment Contacts (Europe)

If you have additional questions regarding eligibility and/or registration for the DoDEA schools please contact either:

DoDEA Europe - East District:
Local: (049) 611-143-5451774
From U.S.: 011 (049) 611-143-5451774
DSN: (314) 545-1774

DoDEA Europe - South District:
Local: (+39) 0444-61-8512
From U.S.: 011 (39) 0444-61-8512
DSN: (314) 637-8512

DoDEA Europe - West District:
From U.S.: 32 (0) 2717-9925
DSN: (314) 368-9925

The DoDEA Regional Office Eligibility Coordinator
DoDEA Europe Coordinator: From U.S.: 011 (49) 611-143-545-1590 - DSN: (314) 545-1590

page top

Young Student PaintingGrades Pre-Kindergarten to Fifth Grade

In order for students to make the grade level deadline they must be:

  • Age 5 by September 1st to enter Kindergarten
  • Age 6 by September 1st to enter 1st grade

In order to ensure proper registration, a completed form 600 must be filled out. This form ensured that all parent sponsor, and emergency contact information is up to date in the event of an emergency, etc.

The process of registration is very straightforward. We have a Nurse's office, as well as the Registrar's office. The nurse will verify all immunization records to make sure that they are up to date prior to starting school. You may also need to stop by the School Bus Station/Office (if your child intends to ride the bus).

A form 600 is also needed for bus transportation. Upon registration completion, you will be provided with a copy of your form 600 to take to the Bus Transportation Office. For more information on bus transportation for your child, please call DSN 335-5382 or Civilian 0611-408-0382.

If the registration process for your child is completed by 10:30 am, then they may start school the following day. If the registration process is completed after 11:00 am, then they will not be able to begin classes until the second day post registration. (Example: If you register your child at 11:45 am on a Monday morning, then they will begin class on Wednesday at the start of the school day.)

The following items will be required of sponsors to complete the registration process:

  1. Immunizations for all children are required.
    They must be up-to-date. This immunization form will be completed by the Wiesbaden Health Clinic - be sure to visit this clinic before attempting the school registration process. Our school's nurse will validate that the shot records are updated.
  2. Personnel Action of Sponsor is necessary with new DEROS date on your orders or a letter of extension from your commander if your DEROS has expired and your tour of duty has been extended.
    If your orders have expired and new orders were not issued to date, bring a document from your Unit Command that validates that you are in a:
    • REVOKED Orders (Involuntary Extensions Orders - Stop Movement Orders)
    • Continued Overseas Tour (COT) status
    • Foreign Station Tour Extension (FSTE) Orders.
    • Document must be signed by the sponsor's Personnel Office ahead of the registration process.
  3. Verification of Employment from CPO, if you are a local hired employee (This is required every year).
    Sponsors who are NOT on a Transportation Agreement and are NOT authorized to receive a Living Quarters Allowance will be classified as Space Available
  4. Official School Waiver for the personnel who live outside of the school-busing zone
    Coordinate first with the local elementary school principal before you attempt any other school registration processes.



If you do not have a current set of orders: Refer to the attachments for the form that you may need.



The Hainerberg Elementary School will continue to register newly arrived students at the Hainerberg Registrar's Office.

page top

Early Childhood, Sure Start - Reading with studentSure Start Registration

Sure Start registration for possible enrollment will begin for the upcoming school year during the month of April. Please note that applications are accepted on a continual basis until as late as the following April for consideration.

Program Statement:

The Sure Start Program is based on the successful Head Start program implemented for those needing more time and attention to achieve school readiness.


All Sure Start students must be command sponsored. In order to keep the program consistent with the DoDDS Kindergarten enrollment dates, 4 year-olds considered for Sure Start must have a birth date on or before September 1st, of that school year. Four year olds whose sponsor is equivalent of E-9 and below may apply for enrollment in Sure Start. Priority will be given to students whose sponsors' rank is E-1 to E-4 or GS 1 to GS 4. Considerations for enrollment include one or more of the following conditions:

  • Child in a family with E-1 to E-4 or GS-1 to GS-4 income (first priority)
  • E-5 to E-6 or GS-5 to GS-6 (second priority)
  • E-7 to E-9 or GS-7 to GS-9 (third priority)
  • Child of low birth weight – under 5lbs 8 ozs.
  • Child has a parent whose primary language is not English
  • Child has a parent who was a teenager when first child in family was born
  • Child is n family headed by a single parent
  • Child has three or more siblings close in age range
  • Child has a sibling with a severe diagnosed disability
  • Child has a parent who has not graduated high school
  • Child is from a dual military family
  • Child has a parent that has separated from the family due to military reassignments giving the remaining parent an extension at the present locale


Students enrolled in the Sure Start Program are selected by the Sure Start Advisory Committee, which includes school and base services personnel. Once the child is selected for enrollment into the program, the detailed registration process will begin.

Enrollment once the child is accepted and parents notified

The following items will be required of sponsors to complete the registration process:

  1. Immunizations for all children entering the Sure Start Program are required. Students must be 4 years of age on or before 1 September, of that school year. Immunizations must be up-to-date and officially approved by the Hainerberg Elementary School Nurse.
    Your first stop will be at the Nurse's office with your child's immunizations records, medical and dental records. Once the School Nurse has approved and accepted all records, the parent will be sent to the registrar's office.
  2. Completed enrollment application, with the sponsor's signature.
    Applications will be available at the school administrative office after 04 April.
  3. A copy of original orders.
    Orders that include the dependent's authorization to travel. If the child is not on the original orders, a letter from your unit commander is necessary. The intent of the letter from the unit commander is to validate that the child is under your care as a SOFA status member.
  4. Verification of dependent.
    If the child was born in Japan or Korea, and doesn't have a U.S. passport, you will need to present a legal document indicating that you are the legal guardian of the child.
  5. Personal Action with the most recent DEROS date contained within the orders.
    If your DEROS has expired and your tour of duty has been extended, we will need a letter of extension from your commander.
  6. A copy of the SF50 and Verification of Employment from the Wiesbaden CPO.
    If you are the sponsor and you are a locally hired employee, you will need to provide this form.
  7. Your child's birth certificate of current passport.
    You will need one of these documents to validate the birth date of your child. Children of sponsors who are NOT on a Transportation Agreement and/or NOT authorized to receive a Living Quarters Allowance will be classified as Space Available.

When the parent has completed all necessary paperwork and the school’s nurse and registrar have cleared the required paperwork, the Sure Start Teacher will then be notified by the Hainerberg School Nurse.

Once notified by the school nurse, the teacher will contact the parent(s) for a required Home Visit.

Once the Home Visit is complete, the child is will be ready to begin with the Sure Start Program.