About DoDEA - DoDEA Schools Worldwide!
DoDEA operates 172 schools in 14 districts located in 11 foreign countries, seven states, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
All schools within DoDEA are fully accredited by U.S. accreditation agencies. Approximately 8,700 educators serve more than 78,000 DoDEA students.
*School count includes the DoDEA Virtual High School Data as of 1 July 2016
DoDEA Schools by Country and State/Territory
||Mainland Japan (19)|
|New York (2)
|North Carolina (15)
|South Carolina (5)
||The Netherlands (2)
|Puerto Rico (4)||Turkey (1)|
DoDEA Today Scope of Responsibility
Children-the focus of our mission
- Today there are approximately 1.2 million military student-age children being educated in public, private and home-based schools in the USA and around the world.
- Military students have a mobility rate of about 31%.
- DoDEA Europe
- DoDEA Pacific
- DODEA Americas
- Non-DoD Schools Program (NDSP)
- Partnership and Outreach Branch
- DoDEA Virtual High School
DoDEA Schools, Enrollment, and FTEs Totals (1 August 2016)
- 168 schools worldwide (Including Virtual HS)
- 73,046 students
- 11,834 FTEs
- 91% of employees are school based
Non-DoD Schools Program (NDSP)
- The Non-DoD Program supports approx. 3500 students in 136 countries.
- DoDEA shares expertise with local education agencies (LEA) and public schools that educate military students through our Partnership Branch.
DoDEA monitors student progress through the use of standardized tests. Students take the Terra Nova Achievement Test, a norm-referenced test for students in grades 3 through 9. Every year, at every grade level tested, and in every subject area, DoDEA students score above the national average. DoDEA 4th and 8th grade students also take the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), "the Nation's Report Card." DoDEA student scores consistently rank at or near the top of the scale when compared with the scores of other participating states and jurisdictions.