The PRE DEC:
- The PRE DEC is 3 October (Thursday) 0630 to 0730 (Eastern Standard Time)
- The PRE DEC Conference Call number and code will be forwarded in a calendar invite NLT 5 March
- Proposed DEC Topics should be submitted NLT 10 March to Darryl Dean (The Template is now available for submission of Topics.)
- The PRE DEC is an information gathering forum
- Proposed topics no longer need a GO or Flag endorsement (however, the weight of such an endorsement is a significant factor) -Topic criteria is generally the same:
- The regional school advisory group should have had an opportunity to address any proposed issue.
- The topic should not be narrowly focused on something specific and only pertaining to a distinct local issue.
- Topics are not limited to issues but may include requests for information or updates
- During the PRE DEC we will ensure we understand the topic submitted and, if unclear, your rationale for submission The topics - all of them - will be submitted to the DoDEA HQ leadership to determine the disposition of the submitted topics:
- In person brief at the DEC
- Information Paper
- Addressed during the DEC by the Director or respective SME
- Time constraints, appropriateness for the DEC, and best suited format are some of the factors used to determine the final slate of topics.
- The Pacific and European Theater Education Councils will have a reserved time slot for their presentations.
We will send calendar invites for you to save the dates, and reminders as we get closer to the DEC, but please send corrections/updates to the Membership as soon as they occur.