- The next DEC is 21 June (Thursday), 1000 to 1230 (Eastern Standard Time) at 4800 Mark Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22350
- The Window for RSVP's, parking requests etc., is 15 May to 10 June (we'll send a reminder and template)
The PRE DEC:
- The PRE DEC is 10 May (Thursday) 0630 to 0730 (Eastern Standard Time)
- The PRE DEC Conference Call number and code will be forwarded in a calendar invite NLT 25 April
- Proposed DEC Topics should be submitted NLT 1 May to Darryl.email@example.com (A template will accompany the Calendar Invite)
- To enhance the relevancy and impact of the DEC, there a few nuances we are adding to the PRE DEC:
- The PRE DEC is changed from a decision making forum to an information gathering forum
- Proposed topics no longer need a GO or Flag endorsement (however, the weight of such an endorsement is a significant factor) -Topic criteria is generally the same:
- The regional school advisory group should have had an opportunity to address any proposed issue.
- The topic should not be narrowly focused on something specific and only pertaining to a distinct local issue.
- Topics are not limited to issues but may include requests for information or updates
- During the PRE DEC we will ensure we understand the topic submitted and, if unclear, your rationale for submission The topics - all of them - will be submitted to the DoDEA HQ leadership to determine the disposition of the submitted topics:
- In person brief at the DEC
- Information Paper
- Addressed during the DEC by the Director or respective SME
- Time constraints, appropriateness for the DEC, and best suited format are some of the factors used to determine the final slate of topics.
- The DEC Agenda will then be forwarded NLT 1 June Briefs will be posted to the DEC Website (http:www.dodea.edu/DEC) NLT 10 June
We will send calendar invites for you to save the dates, and reminders as we get closer to the DEC, but please send corrections/updates to the Membership as soon as they occur.
Finally, the December 2017 DEC Summary is in final draft