Work for DoDEA

School-Level Professional Opportunities

The Employment Application System (EAS) allows School-Level Professionals (i.e. teachers, school counselors, nurses, psychologists, occupational and physical therapists) seeking employment with the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) the ability to submit and manage their applications online. Applicants may update their application information annually.

School-Level Professionals (i.e. teachers, school counselors, nurses, psychologists, occupational and physical therapists)  who are interested in opportunities within DoDEA's school system should review Application Requirements and then use DoDEA's Employment Application System (EAS) to apply. DoDEA does not post vacancy lists for open Educational Professionals.

School-Level Professional positions are filled with qualified applicants from EAS. Applications must be active in EAS to be considered for open positions.

For a full listing of School-Level Professional positions, please visit: Teaching Categories and Requirements 

Application Questions and Support

The Army Civilian Human Resources Agency (CHRA) staff, located at Rock Island, IL, is DoDEA’s servicing recruitment and staffing office. All questions and inquiries regarding EAS must be sent through e-mail to Examples of inquiries could include the application process, inactive applications, and locked accounts.

Non-Teaching Positions

There are many opportunities beyond serving as a classroom teacher, in which an individual can serve Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Schools. Staff and educational support positions are posted on These opportunities include, but are not limited to Educational Aides, Office Automation, Principals and Assistant Principals, ROTC Instructors, and Instructional System Specialists (ISSs).

Select jobs displayed on may be restricted to current DoDEA employees only. Please review the job announcements carefully; applications received that do not meet the stated requirements will not be evaluated or acknowledged.

Substitute Teacher/AVID Tutor/Training Instructor Positions

There are many ways in which an individual can serve DoDEA Schools. If you have achieved a high school diploma/GED or higher, you may apply to be a Substitute Teacher, AVID Tutor, or a Training Instructor. The availability and requirements for these opportunities vary.

People of DoDEA

Where We Work

DoDEA Regional and District Maps

On this page

    Open modal Return to top