Americas Seeks To Hire Substitute Teachers
Are you interested in a rewarding career where you can make a difference? DoDEA Pacific is looking to fill substitute teaching positions across the region.
I'd like to substitute, but I don't have a college degree. Can I apply?
Yes! Our minimum requirements for substitutes are:
- High school diploma of GED
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Direct deposit account
- Completion of a Tier 1 childcare background check
- Age 18 or older
- Transcripts if available
Reasons to Substitute Teach
- Make a difference. Substitutes have the opportunity to positively impact students' lives.
- Flexible schedule. Looking for job flexibility? Look no further! Our substitutes select the days they are available to work.
- Expand your skills. Gaining experience in the classroom setting builds skills that are applicable to many careers, including problem-solving, public speaking, and time management.
- Join our family. As a substitute teacher, you become part of our family. If you are ever interested in seeking another position within our organization, your background check will already be complete.
- It's FUN!. Substitute teaching is an adventure through which you'll meet many teachers and students.
A Day in the Life of a Substitute
A substitute teacher's day will vary depending on the grade level and school. Generally, a substitute's day follows this format:
- Check in with the school's main office for assignment
- Review teacher's lesson plans before students arrive
- If possible, greet students at the classroom door
- Follow the teacher's detailed instructions, which will include information about lunch and any changes in classes/subjects throughout the day.
- Leave a review of the day for the teacher
- Tidy up the classroom and organize any student work
- Check out with the main office
Cuba: Teacher (Substitute)
Puerto Rico (Fort Buchanan): Teacher (Substitute)
Puerto Rico (Ramey): Teacher (Substitute)