Award and Professional Opportunities
Regional Principals of the Year
The selected Regional Principals of the Years will:
- Be recognized by his or her region.
- Receive a school fund award of $2,000 (Upon budget approval).
- Receive a special act award of $1,000 (Upon budget approval).
- Maintain the high standards for which they were selected.
- Work with Regional, District and CIL leaderships to build plans to reach personal leadership goals and support DoDEA’s professional development initiatives.
- Attend and participate in wide-scale leadership conferences or events as requested by headquarters, district and region offices.
- Serve as models, coaches, facilitators, presenters, and/or active contributors in leadership work.
DoDEA Principals of the Year
In addition to the Regional PoY winnings listed, the selected DoDEA Principal of the Year will:
- Be recognized through DoDEA headquarters.
- Receive a year-long memberships to the appropriate national organization (NAESP or NASSP).
- Receive a school fund award of $4,000 in addition to regional award. (Upon budget approval.)
- Receive stipend award of $3,000 in addition to regional special act award. (Upon budget approval.)
- Attend the fall national principal association conference. (Upon budget approval.)
- Attend a summer educational leadership conference to support professional growth plans and DoDEA initiatives. (Upon budget approval.)
- Support world-wide DoDEA initiatives as requested by DoDEA directorate.
- Attend and participate in DoDEA and/or national events as requested by DoDEA directorate.