SY 24-25 Student Re-registration Window Opened on April 10

The Student Re-registration window opened on April 10, 2024. Parents should complete a re-registration for each currently enrolled student as soon as possible. During re-registration, parents must indicate whether their student will be withdrawing or returning for the upcoming school year.

Requirements to Attend a DoDEA School - U.S. Territories

Eligibility within U.S. Territories (Guam/Puerto Rico)

Eligibility to attend DoDEA Americas schools is outlined in Section 2164 of title 10, United States Code and Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 1342.26,"Eligibility Requirements for Minor Dependents to Attend Department of Defense Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools." The following information summarizes the eligibility criteria.


Students are eligible to attend on a tuition-free basis if they are dependents of:

  1. Active duty military members stationed or home-ported in Guam and Puerto Rico, residing in permanent living quarters on or off the military installation, are eligible to attend DoDEA dependents schools in those U.S. territories if their dependents are listed on the sponsor’s orders (command-sponsorship).
  2. Full-time DoD civilians residing on or off in permanent living quarters on a military installation.
  3. Full-time, professional, excepted service employees stationed in Guam and Puerto Rico and residing in permanent living quarters on or off the military installation.
  4. Deceased member of the U.S. Armed Forces residing in permanent living quarters on a military installation served by DoDEA schools when the member of the U.S. Armed Forces died in the line of duty in a combat-related operation, as designated by the Secretary of Defense. Enrollment must be approved by the DoDEA Director..
  5. Member of foreign armed forces residing in permanent living quarters for any part of the school year.


Students are eligible to attend on a tuition-paying basis if they are dependents of:

  1. Dependent children of full-time civilian employees of non-DoD Federal agencies (who are residing in government quarters), If the employing agency certifies that they occupy a position that is subject by policy and practice to transfer AND THE EMPLOYING AGENCY AGREES to reimburse the DoD for the educational services provided.
  2. Dependent students of full-time civilian employees of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the United States Customs and Border Protection residing in Puerto Rico.
  3. Dependent students of full-time employees of the American Red Cross residing in Puerto Rico and performing emergency services on behalf of active duty military members.
  • Note: DoDEA U.S Territory schools are not authorized to accept tuition payments from individuals.
  • Note: Residence in permanent living quarters on a military installation served by a DoDEA U.S Territory school program does NOT guarantee eligibility to attend the DoDEA U.S Territory schools. Sponsors are required to meet the criteria listed above, regardless of residence. DoDEA vis not authorized to enroll students whose sponsor does not meet the eligibility criteria.
  • Note: DoD Contractors are not eligible to attend DoDEA U.S Territory Schools


Revalidation of the student's registration for the next school year starts in the spring.

  • If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD has expired by September 1, extension orders (IPCOT, R.A.T., Command Letter) are required.
  • If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD is indefinite, proof of continued overseas assignment is required.

Transfer and Withdrawal

Parents or legal guardians must fill out a Withdrawal/Records Request form at least two weeks prior to the student's last day of attendance. If the student is leaving within twenty days of the semester, PCS orders must be submitted to the school. If the student is withdrawing due to Early Return of Dependents, a letter from the sponsor's command must be submitted.

Documentation of Proof of Eligibility - U.S. Territories

Once Eligibility has been established you will need to submit the necessary documentation for proof of Eligibility.

New Students

New students registering for enrollment in DoDEA Europe, DoDEA Pacific, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba schools overseas are required to provide verification of the following:

  • Date of Birth
  • Dependent Status
  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • Status of non-DoD sponsor (other Federal Agencies)

Returning Students

Returning students in DoDEA Europe, DoDEA Pacific, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba schools overseas must provide verification of the following each school year:

  • Active Duty Status of Military Sponsor or Employment Status of Civilian Sponsor
  • Status of non-DoD sponsor (other Federal Agencies)

Early Withdrawal - Overseas/U.S. Territories

Moving to Another Location?

While we hate to see you go, we would like to help make your transition as easy as possible.

  1. Please complete the Student Withdrawal / Records Release Form and return to the Student Services Department.
  2. Be sure to speak with your counselor so they can coordinate with the new school if necessary (especially with Juniors and Seniors). Give as much advance notice as possible.

Withdrawals and Transfers

Upon receiving final notification of your departure from the community, please inform us at least two weeks prior to your actual departure. This notification is needed to prepare your child's report card, transcript (if applicable), attendance records, and other documents. No progress marks are given in any quarter unless the child has attended school for 20 days during that quarter. In the final quarter, no recommendation for grade placement can be given unless the child attends school for 20 days in that quarter.

Elementary school withdrawal is different than higher grades regarding requirements and is based on the 20-day rule. With ten days prior notification, parents are welcome to pick up student records from the office on the last day of student attendance, after 2:30 p.m. The sponsor/spouse must sign for records, provide a copy of orders, and present an I.D. to receive the child's school records.

It is DoDEA policy that copies of student records are sealed and given to parents to be hand carried to their next school. Official (original) records will be sealed and mailed upon request by the receiving school. Parents who would like a copy of their child's records for their personal files must personally request an extra set of records to be made when filling out the withdrawal form. We cannot make personal copies without advance notice. It is a requirement to clear all debts (replacement or payment for lost or damaged books, library fines, cafeteria debts, etc.) BEFORE the last day of attendance.

DoDEA Accelerated Withdrawal Policy

Excerpt from policy: The policy therefore requires that students present verification of the date of their sponsor's departure, i.e., Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or other official orders, to school officials in order to receive consideration for full academic credit. Students who withdraw prior to the 20-day limit receive a "withdrawal" grade rather than a final grade. At the elementary school level, administrators may annotate the child's progress report to indicate the student's status.

Speak with a school counselor to request Accelerated withdrawal.

On this page

    Open modal Return to top