Department of Defense Education Activity

Verification of Employment

Current DoDEA Employees

Employment Verification is now available through My Biz for employees!

Employment Verification is a Self Service My Biz tool, allowing employees to email employment and/or salary information to an external organizations (business, bank, credit union) directly from the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) – via secure internet!

To email Employment Verification information to an external organization:

  1. Log into the DCPDS Portal by going to: (first time users will need to register)
  2. Select, My Biz, Request Employment Verification
  3. Select your Details to Share, either
    • Employment Information, or
    • Employment and Salary Information
  4. Enter Recipient Email Information
  5. Enter (verify) your work email address is included in Recipient Information ‘CC’ field to receive a copy of Employment Verification email
  6. Select Continue to ‘Acknowledge and Submit’ to send your Employment Verification information

Former DoDEA Employees

All requests for records and information must be submitted in writing by the former DoDEA employee to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Each request must be hand signed (in cursive), dated (within the last year), identify the documents or information needed, and explain the purpose of your request. If specific documentation/forms need to be completed and provided to another party, the former DoDEA employee must specify in the written request authorizing NPRC to release the specified information.

Certain basic information needed to locate civilian personnel records and to answer the request, includes:

  • Full name used during Federal employment
  • Date of birth
  • Social Security Number (if applicable)
  • Name and location of employing Federal agency
  • Beginning and ending dates of Federal service
  • Complete return mailing address and/or authorized return fax number

Written requests may be mailed or faxed to: National Personnel Records Center, Annex 1411 Boulder Boulevard Valmeyer, IL 62295 Fax: 618-935-3014 Please note: NPRC cannot email documents due to privacy concerns. NPRC will mail or fax copies of available records as authorized by the requester.

Please allow 7-10 business days for NPRC to respond to written request. All inquiries regarding request should be directed to NPRC at 618-935-3002.

The National Personnel Records Center is Closed

The National Personnel Records Center is Closed - Except for Emergencies Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. While we remain in this state, we will continue servicing requests associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until we return to pre-COVID staffing levels.

Please visit the National Personnel Records Center website for updated status information regarding the temporary closure.