Employment Verification

Current DoDEA Employees

Employment Verification is now available through My Biz for employees!

Employment Verification is a Self Service My Biz tool, allowing employees to email employment and/or salary information to an external organizations (business, bank, credit union) directly from the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) – via secure internet!

To email Employment Verification information to an external organization:

  1. Log into the DCPDS Portal by going to: https://compo.dcpds.cpms.osd.mil/ (first time users will need to register)
  2. Select, My Biz, Request Employment Verification
  3. Select your Details to Share, either
    • Employment Information, or
    • Employment and Salary Information
  4. Enter Recipient Email Information
  5. Enter (verify) your work email address is included in Recipient Information ‘CC’ field to receive a copy of Employment Verification email
  6. Select Continue to ‘Acknowledge and Submit’ to send your Employment Verification information

Public Service Loan Forgiveness – Employment Verification

The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program provides debt relief to support the government employees.

If you need your employment verified for the PSLF Program, please complete your Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) & Temporary Expanded PSLF (TEPSLF) Certification and Application form and send it encrypted to your District HR Specialist:

For additional information about this and other Federal Student Aid programs, please visit:  
Home | U.S. Department of Education or Home | Federal Student Aid

Former DoDEA Employees

All requests for records and information must be submitted by the former DoDEA employee to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Each request must be hand signed (in cursive), dated (within the last year), identify the documents or information needed, and explain the purpose of your request. If specific documentation/forms need to be completed and provided to another party, the former DoDEA employee must specify in the written request authorizing NPRC to release the specified information.

Certain basic information needed to locate civilian personnel records and to answer the request, includes:

  • Your full name. Be sure to put the name used while in federal service even if it has changed since then.
  • Your date of birth.
  • Your Social Security Number.
  • The name of the agency or agencies in which you were employed.
  • The dates of employment (approximate dates will work if you don’t have exact dates).
  • Where to send it – please note that at this time, SF 50s cannot be emailed for security reasons so be sure to include your mailing address or a safe fax number.
  • The purpose of the request, (e.g. employment). If it is an emergency, please state the reasons your SF 50 is urgently needed.
  • Most importantly, it must contain your signature! Requests submitted without a signature cannot and will not be processed. Why such a strict rule? Because your signature is considered your authorization for the release of your personal identifying information (PII).

It is perfectly acceptable to submit a written request on a sheet of plain paper if you are requesting your SF 50.

There are 3 ways to submit your request:

  • Mail it to the National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295
  • Fax it to 618-935-3014 or 618-935-3019
  • Email it to cpr.center@nara.gov

If emailing your request, you must still submit a signature! Simply sign a sheet of paper saying you authorize the CPR to release your SF 50 and be sure to both print and sign your name. Then scan and upload that document or PDF to your email to the CPR.

If your request is an emergency, please state that on your request and they will do all they can to assist you. Emergency requests may be faxed to 618-935-3095 but must contain the reason for the emergency/urgency. It can be urgently needed for employment reasons if time is of the essence for applying for a position.

Once the CPR receives your request, they will process it through all their systems to determine if they have a possible record. If no record is found, they will send a negative response letter. If a record is found, it will be sent to the address or fax number provided.

All inquiries regarding request should be directed to NPRC at 618-935-3002.

Open modal Return to top