Design and Development
Design, develop, and customize online student-centered courses, staff and faculty professional development, and training products. Build positive interpersonal relationships with subject matter experts and stakeholders. Provide deliverables that comply with professional and DoDEA curricular standards.
Contract, Lifecycle Management, and Technical Support
Research and recommend learning technologies, manage contracts, perform lifecycle maintenance, and provide technical support to build a 21st Century virtual learning environment.
Regulatory Requirements, Quality Assurance, and Continuous School Improvement
Participate in quality assurance, continuous school improvement, accreditation processes, and review. Evaluate and implement applicable ADA requirements, copyrights laws, and DoDEA IT requirements.
DoDEA Wide Support
Administer and provide support for the DoDEA wide K-12 LMS and eLearning portal.
Who We Are
We are a highly skilled instructional design team located at Marine Corps Base Quantico who use research-based processes of design, curricular development, technology and multimedia as tools to enhance instruction and improve learner engagement to ensure equitable opportunities and uniform delivery of virtual learning to DoDEA's K-12 military connected students, and provide professional learning opportunities to staff and faculty.
What We Do
- Our team engages in learning theory and research-based processes of designing and implementing instruction to increase learning.
- We collaborate with the subject matter experts to create learning environments where learners can participate in rich, meaningful learning experiences.
- The instructional design model used depends on the purpose, objectives, learner needs, and the content being delivered.
- The goal of our efforts is to enhance learner engagement and knowledge retention.
Products developed and designed by our instructional designers meet Section 508 Standards as required by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) in compliance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 794d) and address access for people with physical, sensory, or cognitive disabilities. In addition, our products adhere to Copyright and Fair Use Guidelines, and incorporate universal design processes, principles, and applications.
Our products and services support and align to the Blueprint for Continuous Improvement which is DoDEA's strategic plan throughschool year2023/24.
Examples of our products:
- Designing K-12 curriculum, instruction, and assessment materials
- Designing innovative and effective professional learning for faculty and staff
- Designing online interactive, accessible, aesthetically pleasing graphic design, and responsive educational resources and activities
- We share best practices for implementing and maintaining effective instruction and assessment in the virtual environment with DoDEA leaders, curriculum specialists, and staff.