Europe Center for Instructional Leadership Overview
Lorum ipsum dolor sit ametFusce risus nisl, viverra et, tempor et.
Vestibulum ullamcorper mauris at ligula. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Nam adipiscing. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Vestibulum ullamcorper mauris at ligula.
The DoDEA Center for Instructional Leadership (CIL) works side-by-side with school leadership, Instructional System Specialists and teachers to create great student experiences to ensure high academic achievement for all DoDEA students.
Each Region Center for Instructional Leadership (CIL) is a critical component of leadership development for DoDEA. The role of the CIL is to ensure high academic achievement for all DoDEA students, ensuring that every educational leader receives the support they need to help students succeed. The CIL systemically develops high-impact educational leaders in their pursuit of excellence and equity. Success is measured when all DoDEA schools ensure that every student is adequately prepared for success in college, careers and citizenship.
The CIL has four functions:
- Systemic Leadership Development and Support
- Professional Development for Systemic Priorities
- Learning Networks
- Innovative Best Practices
More specifically, the Region CIL works in partnership with District Superintendents and Community Superintendents, ISS’s, principals, and teacher leaders to ensure that these individuals are well equipped to lead and support their respective schools. The CIL achieves this by identifying gaps and needs and use school-level data and research to inform training and content development. The support system creates sustained leadership development by providing:
- Job-embedded support for learning through coaching
- Build structures for collaboration and networking
- Implement a robust, differentiated, embedded professional development component which includes leadership capacity building
- Support the implementation of large-scale initiatives
- Target and transform instructional leadership practices of principals, assistant principals, community superintendents, and district ISSs
- Provide ongoing support and continuous improvement
We work directly with Superintendents, Community Superintendents, ISSs, and Building Leaders providing systemic leadership development and support, professional development for systemic priorities of the agency, and learning networks to share innovative best practices.
Europe's Big 4
DoDEA’s Blueprint for Continuous Improvement and Europe’s Big 4 provide for a coherence of effort across all levels in our region as we pursue our region’s goal of Access and Equity in Excellent Instruction for ALL Students! As such, they are a significant source of inspiration and provide focus for our school action plan for continuous improvement.