DoDEA Headquarters is a tenant organization conducting business operations at the Mark Center. The Mark Center is part of the Pentagon Reservation, access to the building is administered and controlled by the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
May 21, 2018, PFPA established visitor pre-registration requirements, requiring visitors to have a background check prior to entering the Mark Center. Every DoDEA visitor must have a DoDEA sponsor responsible for initiating a pre-registration request to be processed within the PFPA Visitor Management System.
- A visitor is an individual who is NOT assigned to a tenant organization within the Mark Center as their place of employment for conducting primary duties and responsibilities.
- A sponsor is an employee assigned to a tenant organization within the Mark Center who has been granted escort privileges by the tenant organization and approved by PFPA. (NOTE: To confirm building escort privilege status contact the Mark Center Common Access Card (CAC) Office at 571-372-7911).
Visitor Access - Public Health Restrictions:
Mark Center visit requests may be subjected to additional restrictions imposed by Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Levels or Force Protection Condition (FPCON) levels currently in place. Due to continuous change, The DoDEA Security Management Division will provide notification of any additional restrictions imposed during pre-registration processing.
The current HPCON Alpha restrictions:
- Visits must be OFFICIAL BUSINESS ONLY, five-day limit, Monday - Friday between the hours of 6 AM and 6 PM. No visits allowed on Saturday, Sunday, or Holidays.
- All visitors must be pre-registered prior to each visit and sponsored in the PFPA Visitor Management System. Sponsors may escort up to three visitors.
- DoD Civilian and Active Military visitors possessing a valid unexpired CAC are NOT required to be escorted between the hours of 6 AM and 6 PM (Monday - Friday) but MUST be pre-registered by a DoDEA sponsor to access the building.
- Visitors are not required to complete a DD Form 3150, "Contractor Personnel and Visitor Certification of Vaccination. However, this requirement may be reimposed at higher HPCON levels. DoDEA sponsors can contact the DoDEA Security Management Division for a copy of the DD Form 3150 at: SMDForceProtectionHQ@dodea.edu.
VISITOR ACCESS - PRE-REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Sponsors (escorts) may not exceed three (3) visitors per escort
- DoDEA Sponsors submit the pre-registration information below five days prior to the visit to the Security Management Division for processing at SMDForceProtectionHQ@dodea.edu Sponsors (escorts) may not exceed three (3) visitors per escort.
- Visitor Information:
- Visitor 1 Name: First, Middle, and Last Name
- Visitor 1 Email: Visitors email, (Example: email@example.com)
- Visitor 2 Name: First, Middle, and Last Name
- Visitor 2 Email: Visitors email, (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Visitor 3 Name: First, Middle, and Last Name
- Visitor 3 Email: Visitors email, (Example: email@example.com)
- Date(s) of Visit: Example: August 30, 2022 to September 3, 2022
- Reason for visit: Simply state the reason for the visit
- Sponsor Information:
- Sponsor Location: Office or Cubicle, (Example: 05G13)
- Sponsor Phone #: 571-372-XXXX
- Sponsor Email: DoDEA email, (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sponsor Name: Name as it appears on CAC
- Visitor Information:
Employee And Contractor Criteria:
New Employees and Contractors: New employees and contractors requiring a CAC and Mark Center access must complete page 1 the DD Form 2249 to gain permanent access to the Mark Center. Page 2 of the DD Form 2249 is no longer used. Follow "DD Form 2249 Processing Instructions" to complete the required documentation.
Current Employees and Contractors:
- Expiring CAC: Current employees and contractors requiring a new CAC must follow the processing instruction below. However, current employees and contractors are responsible for completing the supervisor or sponsor responsibilities below. Follow "DD Form 2249 Processing Instructions" to complete the required documentation.
- Expired CAC: Current employees and contractors with an expired CAC must follow the new employee and contractor instructions. Follow "DD Form 2249 Processing Instructions" to complete the required documentation.
- Lost CAC: Current employees and contractors with lost CACs must notify the DoDEA Security Manager. The supervisor must escort and sponsor the employee into the Mark Center. A DD Form 2249 may be required. If so, follow "DD Form 2249 Processing Instructions" to complete the required documentation.
DD Form 2249 Processing Instructions:
- The supervisor or sponsor must complete DD Form 2249, Sections 1 and 2 only. For contractors, the Contract Officer Representative is considered the sponsor.
- The DD Form 2249 is then submitted to the DoDEA Security Manager at SMDForceProtectionHQ@dodea.edufor processing. The DoDEA Security Manager will complete DD Form 2249, Sections 3 - 8. Once complete, the DoDEA Security Manager will return the DD Form 2249 to the supervisor or sponsor.
- Under most circumstances, the DD Form 2249 will be returned to the supervisor or sponsor on the employee or contractor start date.
- Once the DoDEA Security Manager signs the DD Form 2249, the form is valid for 10 calendar days.
- The supervisor or sponsor will print the DD Form 2249 and accompany the new employee on contractor to the Mark Center CAC Office, located in room 01C27 on the first floor of the Mark Center for processing.