Fort Knox schools are a part of the Kentucky Community in the DoDEA Americas Southeast District. The mission of the Fort Knox Community Schools is to educate, engage, and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world.
We employ the process of Total Quality Education throughout our school system, which results in growth and improvement through the use of data, stakeholder involvement, and consensus building.
We desire to maximize student successes and to help students develop to their fullest potential. Mastery Learning, a key concept embedded in every school, offers students opportunities for success through reteaching and retesting. Earned success for every student is the goal, and our parents are key to all efforts and successes.
|School||Office Hours||Student Hours:
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri
|Student Hours: Thursday|
Van Voorhis ES
|7:30 am - 4:00 pm||
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
8:30 am - 11:15 am
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
8:30 am - 11:15 am
|Kingsolver ES||7:30 am - 4:00 pm||8:30 am - 3:15 pm||8:30 am - 2:00 pm|
|Scott IS||7:00 am - 3:30 pm||8:30 am - 3:15pm||8:30 am - 2:00 pm|
|Fort Knox MHS||7:00 am - 3:30 pm||7:25 am - 2:35 pm||7:25 am - 1:20 pm|
Our schools are fully supported by significant hardware, software, and technology staff at both the district and the school levels. Each school has a high-speed network that enables computer users to access programs and files on servers and to share devices, such as laser printers. Every school has a computer lab, and the larger schools have two labs. The computer to student ratio is 1 to 2. School computers have broadband Internet access.
In addition, every school has a digital network that brings Kentucky Educational Television programs into the classroom. All schools have closed circuit and cable television programs. For instruction, every school has numerous TVs, VCRs, DVD players, SMARTboards/whiteboards, and projectors. Wi-Fi is available, and media centers are areas for students to check out electronically the textbooks or any other books they need.
On January 1, 1932, Congress designated Camp Knox as a permanent garrison and changed the name to Fort Knox. The post's Commander, Brigadier General Julian R. Lindsey (1932-34), established the Fort Knox Dependent Schools and appointed three school board members. Students were educated in tarpaper shacks. By 1935, enrollment had reached 85. In that year, a two-year high school was started. The first graduating class of 1936 consisted of four male students.
Approximately 1,550 students attend four schools:
|Name||Position||Position Description||Phone Number|
|Andrew Lightner||Instructional Systems Specialist||Behaviorist||270-439-1927|
|Kimberly Hicks||Instructional Systems Specialist||Literacy PK-5||270-439-1927|
|Tony Vinson||502-624-2346 x4133|
|Troy Purdin||Instructional Systems Specialist||AVID||270-439-1927|
|Angela Cummings||School Meals Program||Director||502-624-7912|