Virtual Conversations Series
Previous Event Resources
College and Career Readiness for NDSP Students: Introduction to SchooLinks
Join the event with the NDSP Team for an insider’s view into our new College and Career Readiness Tool on April 5th at 11 a.m. EDT
The event is for families with students in grades 6-12. It will feature a member of the SchooLinks team who will explain how to get started in the platform and a live question and answer session.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Let's Talk About Mental Health
A Global Awareness Challenge
July 28, 2022 - 11:30 A.M. EDT
The DoDEA NDSP hosted a special virtual conversation that featured a live panel of mental health experts who educate, treat and conduct research on military-connected youth and families. They provided valuable insight into recognizing signs and symptoms of depression and suicide ideation and provided tips and resources to include getting mental health care in remote OCONUS locations.
- Dr. Cristin Hall-Associate Professor (Penn State)
- Dr. Sean Truman-Founder & Chief Medical Officer (The Truman Group)
- Ms. Kathy Williams-Mental Health Advocate (NC)
- Ms. Rosalind Wiseman-Founder (Cultures of Dignity)
- Ms. Jane Yaws-Senior Nurse Consultant (TRICARE)
This list includes resources provided during the live event.
- Cultures of Dignity
- Parenting a Child Who Has Intense Emotions-P. Harvey ACSW LCSW and J. Penzo LICSW
*If you need help finding mental health support, visit: https://www.militaryonesource.mil/health-wellness/mental-health/mental-health-resources/