The Resource Management (RM) Financial Analysis Branch (FAB) supports:
- Financial Statement Audits and Remediation efforts.
- Compliance with Federal and DoD Financial Management Regulations (FMR), DoDEA policies and procedures, and internal accounting processes.
- Compliance with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) requirements.
- In collaboration with other DoDEA divisions, collect and prepare data for financial audit requests, ensure timely submission, assist in scheduling audit meetings, obtain results of financial statement audits, and ensure remediation is conducted.
- Perform RM program assessment reviews and collect data to determine if controls are implemented and operating in accordance with polices and procedures.
- Conducts financial internal testing in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-123.
The purpose of a financial audit is to provide assurance that financial statements are presented accurately and in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) allowing stakeholders to make confident financial decisions.