DoDEA Employees are eligible to travel on behalf of the DoDEA on temporary duty (TDY) travel. Currently all official TDY must be created in the Defense Travel System (DTS). 



Travel System Account Establishment

All travelers require a profile in the Department of Defense travel system. Accounts are established by contacting your servicing Resource Management team. If you are no longer a DoDEA employee and need detached from travel systems, please contact your prior DoDEA servicing Resource Management Office or supervisor. 

DoD Travel System

DoD currently uses DTS. Please consult your servicing Resource Management team prior to traveling for assistance.

Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) Application Process

Mission Essential Travel Request (METR)

DoDEA October 2017 guidance. Contact your servicing Resource Management team for cost estimate development in advance of requesting senior leadership approval.  The requesting division is responsible for routing all METR requests for approval and returning approved documents to the servicing RM team and travelers.



    • Transportation Allowance - DoDEA considers the needs of the eligible Employee, the purpose of travel, the cost, and other factors to decide one of the following:
      1. Provide Government transportation.
      2. Purchase commercial transportation on behalf of the Employee.
      3. Reimburse the Employee for personally purchased transportation.
      4. Reimburse the Employee for use of a privately owned vehicle (POV).
    • Per Diem Allowance - The per diem allowance is a daily rate meant to cover living expenses. It provides the maximum amount an Employee may be reimbursed for lodging, meals, and incidental expenses. The per diem is based on the rate of the authorized stopover point or official duty location.
    • Incidental Expenses - The following list of standard incidental expenses applies to all eligible Employees:
      1. Fees and tips paid to hotel employees, porters, baggage carriers, and flight attendants for all official domestic and foreign travel.
      2. Laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing of clothing only while outside the continental United States (OCONUS).
      3. Tax and service charges, other than vendor surcharges for using a credit card, for any of the expenses listed in this paragraph.
      4. Expenses related to lodging that are listed in the room account. Transportation tips for courtesy transportation (for example, an airport shuttle).

    Yes, you can apply for a GTCC via your servicing RM Office.

    The Travel Accommodations page provides guidance.

    Open modal Return to top