Educational Travel (EDT) is managed by the Renewal Agreement Travel (RAT) & Educational Travel (EDT) Branch. This branch is responsible for supporting authorized dependent travel to/from school for Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) employees’ authorized dependents.
The RAT & ED Travel Branch facilitates funded orders and reconciliation for travel arrangements via the Defense Travel System (DTS). The branch employees serve as a liaisons with Civilian Human Resource Agency (CHRA), the Travel Management Companies (TMC), and DoDEA employees to ensure proper execution of EDT in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Create DTS Authorizations (funded orders DD Form 1610).
- Review, amend, and cancel DTS authorizations, as applicable.
- Input and process vouchers for travel reimbursement and reconciliation.
- Educate DoDEA employees by providing travel instructions.
- Facilitate Debt Collection for Educational travel.
- Process Educational Summer Storage claims.
Systems used for EDT
- TOPS – Online portal to request an EDT Authorization (DD Form 1614)
- DTS – Department of Defense Travel website for creating travel orders (DD Form 1610) and setting of travel vouchers.
For assistance with TOPS please contact CHRA at email@example.com
For questions or assistance with your DTS EDT orders and or ED vouchers please email the RAT & ED Travel Branch.